MARSHALL, Ill. (WTHI) - It's official - a local school district will be adding a school resource officer.
The Marshall, Illinois school board voted late last week to approve the move.
That's after the Marshall City Council voted earlier this week to do the same.
School officials say this agreement has been in the works for several years.
Based on the officer agreement, an SRO should start work on August 1st.
- Marshall schools will receive a SRO
- Marshall Illinois Schools one step closer to getting "SRO"
- Meet Casey-Westfield's new SRO
- Irvington charter school shares importance of having an SRO
- Marshall to receive housing grant
- City of Marshall's downtown area receives improvements
- New Marshall pool receives its new slide
- Marshall Schools welcome student walk out
- Wabash Valley school receives national honors
- Three Wabash Valley schools receive 4-Star status