MARION COUNTY, Ind (WTHI) - Marion County prosecutors believe a judge should deny a motion filed by attorneys for Tanoos. It asks the judge to dismiss the charges against him.
First, Tanoos' lawyers challenged that Marion County is the proper venue for this case.
They also contend Marion County didn't make clear why bribery charges are appropriate.
Prosecutors accuse Tanoos of accepting perks from energy systems group, in return they allege he gave ESG contracts for work within the school corporation.
Marion County says ESG is based in Indianapolis, and the solicitations from Tanoos came via email, therefore, Marion County is the proper venue.
- Marion County prosecutors believe a judge should deny a motion filed by attorneys for Tanoos
- Motion filed to add ACLU to Vigo County Jail lawsuit
- Judge denies Indiana AG Hill’s motion in early voting case
- File to Dismiss: Danny Tanoos' attorney says charges too vague, can't build a defense
- Motions to dismiss filed in lawsuit involving Isaac Haas
- Former youth basketball coach files motion to change guilty plea
- Tanoos's attorneys release a statement on his behalf
- Danny Tanoos to appear for a judge on November 14th
- Judge postpones trial for former superintendent Danny Tanoos
- Marion County prosecutor to seek death penalty against man accused of shooting Southport officer