MARION COUNTY, Ind (WTHI) - Marion County prosecutors believe a judge should deny a motion filed by attorneys for Tanoos. It asks the judge to dismiss the charges against him.
First, Tanoos' lawyers challenged that Marion County is the proper venue for this case.
They also contend Marion County didn't make clear why bribery charges are appropriate.
Prosecutors accuse Tanoos of accepting perks from energy systems group, in return they allege he gave ESG contracts for work within the school corporation.
Marion County says ESG is based in Indianapolis, and the solicitations from Tanoos came via email, therefore, Marion County is the proper venue.
- Marion County prosecutors believe a judge should deny a motion filed by attorneys for Tanoos
- Marion County judge issues continuance on Tanoos case
- Judge denies motion to dismiss the charges against former Vigo County School Corporation Superintendent Danny Tanoos
- Attorneys for Tanoos file Interlocutory Order for Immediate Appeal request
- Wednesday: Judge set to rule on a motion to dismiss charges against Tanoos
- Motion filed to add ACLU to Vigo County Jail lawsuit
- Judge denies Indiana AG Hill’s motion in early voting case
- File to Dismiss: Danny Tanoos' attorney says charges too vague, can't build a defense
- State files proposal for the judge to let the case against Tanoos proceed
- Tanoos's attorneys release a statement on his behalf