TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Many gathered Sunday to fill their bellies with good food and raise money for a local group.
Saint Mark's United Church of Christ hosted the Annual United Campus Ministries Chili Fest.
For the price of a ticket folks could fill up on chili, hot dogs and baked goods. There was also a silent auction.
All the money raised goes to support United Campus Ministries. The ministry serves area college students through a pantry program. It provides food and personal care items to those in need.
Dawn Black says, "Campus Ministries is such an often forgotten part of ministry and we completely function off of donations and funding and we are often left out of the funding programs of the big parts of the church so we're always doing things like this."
This is one of two major fundraisers for the ministry. The next is the annual barbecue in the fall.
- Many gather for annual Chili Fest
- 25th Annual Kiwanis Chili Day
- Chili fest to benefit United Campus Minsitries of Terre Haute
- 300 participate in annual Makers Fest
- Chili's reveals possible data breach
- Chili's Terre Haute location closes
- 30th year of annual Strawberry Fest brings big crowds
- Chili cook off helps out the community
- Chili cookoff raises money for literacy efforts
- Vincennes Watermelon Fest kicks off on Friday