MARSHALL, IL, (WTHI)- A week ago, News 10 told you about a major break in a nearly four and half year old cold case. Police said Connor Scott confessed to killing Kaylyn Whitaker.
Scott appeared in court this morning in Marshall, Illinois. He faces two counts of first degree murder.
He also remains in the Clark County jail on a $1 million bond.
It all dates back to Halloween 2014. Whitaker died inside a home, in Martinsville, Illinois. Scott was her boyfriend at the time.
News 10 was in the courtoom this morning. We'll have the latest on what happened starting at five Eastern.
- "We can heal as a family." Man who confessed to murder expected to be in court today
- Farmersburg minor confesses to vandalizing park
- Man charged in a four-year-old murder case had guns confiscated weeks before he allegedly confessed
- Man connected to the murder of Matt Luecking in court
- Sheriff’s report: Suspect confessed to Florida school attack
- Attorney wants confession in Colts player's death thrown out
- Suspect confesses in four year cold case out of Illinois
- Family speaks out after a man confesses to killing their daughter
- The man accused of shooting and killing 17-year-old Garrett Sands is back in court today
- Actress Felicity Huffman is expected to plead guilty today in college admission scandal