TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Police say the Terre Haute man who shot a woman in the head on Halloween night is behind bars.
Police have arrested Joshua Kyle in connection to the shooting.
He is now facing several charges.
It started with a call at a home on Beulah Avenue on the city's north side around 8:00 Wednesday night.
When police arrived on the scene, they say they found a woman with a gunshot wound to the head.
Officers say she was talking when they arrived.
News 10 has learned she is in stable condition at Regional Hospital.
Police believe Kyle and the victim had been fighting.
Officers say he fled the scene after the incident.
At around 1:00 on Thursday, our crew caught up with police as they spotted Kyle.
They found him in a wooded area just off of Brown Avenue in Terre Haute.
They reportedly chased him down and captured him.
Vigo County Sheriff Greg Ewing told News 10 a team effort paid off between the city and the county.
"Last night when I showed up at the scene, one of my deputies was saying 'I've been there on other domestic squabbles' so you start putting everything together. This puzzle starts becoming a very clear picture," Ewing said.
Kyle faces charges of attempted murder, aggravated battery and possession of a firearm without a license.
- Man wanted in connection to Terre Haute shooting arrested
- Suspect arrested in connection with October shooting in Terre Haute
- Arrest made in connection to Terre Haute Mexican restaurant robbery
- Suspect arrested in connection to vehicle fires in Terre Haute
- Man arrested for Friday morning shooting in Terre Haute
- Terre Haute man arrested on rape charges
- Terre Haute man arrested after overnight pursuit
- Friday afternoon chase leads to arrest in connection to Terre Haute shooting
- Terre Haute man arrested in connection to Coles County fatal crash
- Wanted Terre Haute woman found by police