VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - One local man is probably resting his feet right now after hours of running to raise money for a Wabash Valley trail.
Lost Creek Township runner Chris Steward ran for 24 hours starting Friday night. He did this to raise money for the area trail and park.
Steward says he's not looking for praise or publicity for what he did, he just wants to help take care of a place he loves.
Several people donated a dollar per mile he ran. He and his wife ran for a combined 101 miles.
Steward’s goal was to raise $1,000 for the trail. The final numbers are not in yet but Steward did pass his goal.
- Man runs 24 hours to raise money for local trail
- Local group taking part in 24 hour run for a good cause
- 24 hour emergency boil order in Lyford
- Business raises money for local cancer organization
- Fundraiser helps raise money for local robotic club
- Local hospital works to raise money for March of Dimes
- Local raises money for feline rescue center on Irish holiday
- Local 5th grader raises money to help kids battling cancer
- Local restaurant raises money for Bikes For Tykes program
- Money raised at charity game helps local kids