INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Authorities say a man was badly hurt when he was hit by a car on Interstate 65 in Indianapolis while running from a state trooper.
The man was hit Friday night on the city's south side. State police say a trooper had stopped a car in I-65's northbound lanes for a traffic violation when a male passenger ran away. He climbed over the median wall and was hit while trying to cross the highway's southbound lanes.
Police say the man was unconscious and taken to a hospital in critical condition.
The driver who hit the man stopped and cooperated with investigators. Police say the driver whose car was originally stopped was detained.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Man running from Indiana trooper hit by car on I-65
- Trooper hit by drunk driver
- Five detained, and a state trooper's car hit after Terre Haute police chase
- Illinois state trooper hit by truck, killed in Freeport
- Funeral set for trooper hit by truck, killed in Freeport
- Indiana trooper hurt after icy roads lead to crashes
- Indiana State Police Trooper injured during Vermillion County domestic dispute
- Indiana State Police troopers have their annual inspection
- Authorities: Off-duty Indiana trooper shot, wounded by son
- Boy, 11, charged after shooting dad, a Indiana State trooper