PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A man charged with causing an accident that killed a former sheriff and his wife will plead guilty.
A Parke County judge set a plea hearing for Bryan Robertson.
The hearing will take place on April 11th.
It's unclear to what charges Robertson will plead guilty, and the terms of the deal are not known.
Police report Robertson was driving a pickup truck when it left the roadway, crossed the center line hitting a vehicle, killing Michael and Darla Eslinger.
Michael Eslinger was a past four-term Parke County Sheriff and past Executive Director of the Indiana Sheriff’s Association. Darla Eslinger served as an E-M-A director for Parke County.
Robertson initially faced four charges, including two counts of operating a vehicle while intoxicated causing death and two counts of operating a vehicle while intoxicated causing serious bodily injury.
- Man charged with killing former Parke County Sheriff and his wife in a crash changes plea to guilty
- Former Parke County Sheriff and his wife killed in Thursday evening crash
- Rockville man killed in Parke County crash
- Vincennes man enters guilty plea for murder
- 5-year-old killed in Parke County crash
- Vigo County man charged with attempted murder files plea agreement
- Not guilty plea entered for suspect from double fatal accident in Parke County
- Martin County man killed in crash
- Kentucky man killed in Greene County crash
- Jury finds Parke County man 'not guilty' for 2018 homicide