TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A barricade situation on North 13th Street in Terre Haute has ended peacefully.
On Wednesday afternoon, the Terre Haute Police Department said a man barricaded himself inside of a home in the 800 Block of North 13th 1/2 Street.
Police initially went to the home to serve a felony warrant.
That is when they say he barricaded himself inside of the home and made several suicidal comments.
Our crew saw the man in hanging outside of a second-floor window yelling at police.
Around 3:00, police raised a ladder to the window, and the man came down peacefully.
He is currently in custody.
His identity has not been released at this time.
- 13th 1/2 Street barricade situation ends peacefully
- Barricade situation ends early Thursday
- Hostage situation ends peacefully in Vermillion County
- Suspect in barricade situation enters plea agreement
- Police handling Barricade situation in Greene County
- Stand-off ends peacefully, road back open
- Martin County hostage situation ends without incident
- Police release identity of suspect involved in Clay County barricade situation
- The man behind Terre Haute barricade situation was wanted for strangulation, residential entry charges
- Arrest made in arson case from N. 6 1/2 Street in Terre Haute