VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The man at the center of a Vigo County police standoff went to court on Friday morning.
That man is 39-year-old Joshua Lankford.
Members of the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force tried to arrest Lankford for an outstanding warrant.
However, police say he did not respond to commands to come out of the house, located in the Fontanet area.
Eventually, police say they found Lankford in the crawl space of the home on North Baldwin Street.
On Friday, Lankford appeared in court to hear the information filed against him.
According to online court documents, he had a public defender appointed to him.
A not guilty plea was also entered on his behalf.
Lankford is slated to return to court on Monday.
He remains behind bars on a $35,000 bond.
- Man at the center of Vigo County standoff appears in court
- One person in custody after Vigo County standoff
- Man accused at being the center of Terre Haute standoff gets court date
- Vigo County Juvenile Center getting upgrades
- Vigo County opens additional early voting centers
- Opioid recovery center opens in Vigo County
- Man at the center of Terre Haute standoff charged
- Man at the center of Brazil standoff surrenders peacefully
- Man released from prison for killing his wife the center of alleged Greene County standoff
- Man at the center of Clay County standoff will not face local charges