SULLIVAN, Ind. (WTHI) - We're learning more information following a crash that happened last weekend in Sullivan County.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office says Daryl Shorter, 59, of Carlisle, is facing charges after driving a semi that crashed into a home last Sunday.
Officials say Shorter has been charged with Posession of Methamphetamine, a felony. He was also cited for driving while suspended.
Officials took Shorter to the Sullivan County Jail Saturday afternoon.
Sullivan County Sheriff Clark Cottom says the homeowner narrowly escaped serious injury when Shorter's semi came crashing through her living room.
Officials say crews had to use the Jaws of Life to free Shorter from the semi. He was taken to the hospital and later released.
- Man facing charges after crashing semi into house
- Man facing charges following late night crash in Terre Haute
- Semi driver involved in 2017 I-70 crash that left two small children dead will not face serious charges
- Driver seriously injured in semi crash
- Morning crash involves school bus and semi
- Former coach faces charges
- West Terre Haute man faces rape charges
- Cayuga man arrested, facing drug charges
- Man facing charges for child molestation
- Daniel Nations faces more charges