PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Officials say one man is behind bars after leading police on a chase in Parke County.
The Rockville Police Department has arrested 36-year-old Dennis Adkins of Terre Haute.
Officials say it all started after midnight on Sunday, during Operation Pull Over. Rockville Police say they saw a motorcycle speeding south of Rockville on US 41. Officials say the motorcycle refused to stop, reaching speeds between 90-100 miles per hour.
Police say the driver, Adkins, then turned off of US 41, driving through yards in the Maple Drive and Howard Avenue area. They say Adkins jumped off the motorcycle, and after a short foot pursuit, was taken into custody.
Adkins was preliminarily charged with Felony Resisting Law Enforcement, Reckless Driving, Suspended License, and Possession of Marijuana and Paraphernalia.
- Man arrested after Parke County pursuit
- Terre Haute man arrested after overnight pursuit
- One arrested after pursuit in Martin County
- Parke County woman arrested after pursuit that lasted almost 20 miles
- Wanted Parke County woman arrested
- Man takes police on a foot pursuit in Vermillion County
- Parke County man arrested after stolen equipment located
- Woman arrested for Counterfeiting in Parke County
- Three arrested after pursuit in Terre Haute Tuesday evening
- Parke County man airlifted after lawnmower accident