TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute man admits to seriously injuring an elderly woman as he tried stealing her purse.
Edward Rosa pleaded guilty to robbery resulting in serious bodily injury.
The judge sentenced him to 18-years in prison, which is to be fully served.
The elderly woman said Rosa dragged her several feet as she held onto her purse to keep him from taking it.
- Man admits to seriously injuring elderly woman as he tried to steal her purse
- Police search for person accused of stealing a purse from an elderly woman at northside Menards
- Crime Stoppers: The Walmart purse snatcher
- Crime Stoppers: The Menards purse thief
- COURT DOCUMENTS: Pastor's wife admits to stealing church funds to buy drugs
- 19-year-old that admitted to stealing police issue gun appears in court
- Statewide Silver Alert canceled for missing elderly Avon man
- Woman sentenced for stealing thousands from Vigo County auto shop
- Body of missing elderly woman found in car in Indiana pond