TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute man admits to seriously injuring an elderly woman as he tried stealing her purse.
Edward Rosa pleaded guilty to robbery resulting in serious bodily injury.
The judge sentenced him to 18-years in prison, which is to be fully served.
The elderly woman said Rosa dragged her several feet as she held onto her purse to keep him from taking it.
- Man admits to seriously injuring elderly woman as he tried to steal her purse
- Crime Stoppers: The Walmart purse snatcher
- COURT DOCUMENTS: Pastor's wife admits to stealing church funds to buy drugs
- 19-year-old that admitted to stealing police issue gun appears in court
- Statewide Silver Alert canceled for missing elderly Avon man
- Body of missing elderly woman found in car in Indiana pond
- Video of little boy helping elderly woman struggling to walk up steps goes viral
- A picture of a firefighter carrying an elderly woman up some stairs is capturing hearts
- Vigo County woman receives work release after she admits to stabbing husband