EDGAR COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - A judge has decided a local man accused of impersonating an officer is fit to stand trial.
Justin Hefner pleaded not guilty in a recent hearing.
A judge ordered a trial in the case.
The charges come from an incident early last year.
Hefner showed up at the Edgar County Sheriff's Office in Paris.
Police say he was armed and had a list of people to arrest.
Court records show Hefner received treatment after an evaluation and psych report.
- Man accused of trying to arrest people from Edgar County Sheriff's Office found fit to stand trial
- Edgar County Manhunt Ends
- Illinois mother arrested for death of child found fit to stand trial
- Terre Haute man who entered Edgar County Sheriff's Office heavily armed officially charged
- Suspect arrested on drug charges in Edgar County
- Terre Haute man arrested after entering Edgar County Sheriff's Dept. heavily armed, claiming to be federal agent
- Terre Haute man dies in Edgar County motorcycle accident
- UPDATE: Edgar County man dies after Friday night crash
- Edgar County works to keep residents cool with cooling centers
- New clinic teams up with Edgar County factory