Photo Gallery 2 Images
MEDFORD AND CENTRAL POINT, Ore. -- One family said their pick-up truck was stolen and crashed minutes later. They said the man who stole it crashed into a few fences and hit a few cows. Sunday was a long day for Brianna Weast and her family. At around 4:40 that morning, her fiancé could hear his truck being stolen. He was warming it up and said the doors were locked. He went back inside to grab his lunch.
"Within a minute, he heard the engine rev-up and it was gone. So he came and flipped the lights on and I called 911. He jumped in my car and tried to go after him but couldn't tell which direction that he went," said Brianna Weast.
Within minutes, she said deputies found the suspect about 6 miles away. Weast said they told her the suspect crashed the truck in a field near Foothill and Corey roads. Shawda Cline lives in the area and saw the whole thing happen.
“Honestly, my brain could not comprehend the speed of everything going on. It was like watching a movie. I thought there’s no way,” Cline said still in shock.
She couldn't believe how fast he was driving on such a notoriously dangerous road.
"I said there's no way that car is going to make it around that corner. So I ran into the living room just in time to see him blow through the stop sign into the neighbor’s yard. Then you could hear him [driving] through the yard trying to get out and he crashed through another fence and out back on the road and ended up losing control and back into the field. That’s when all the police officers were there," Cline added.
The truck tracks are still on the road and in the neighbor's yard. Cline said her neighbors are now dealing with a broken fence, and two killed cows.
"It's not cheap. That's why they raise them. It's a business so it's a big loss. You’re talking probably a thousand or more for each," Cline added.
The owner said one of the cows was just a year old. Despite potentially losing their car, the Weast's are just happy no one was hurt.
"It's a big truck. It's a big lifted F-350. It's heavy, it’s fast. It’s got a special engine in it. From what I hear he was going at least 60 to 80 on Foothill and not stopping. If he would have hit someone they would have died," Brianna Weast said.
NewsWatch 12 reached out to the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office for more information on this case, like who the suspect is and what his charges are. The Sheriff’s Office did not immediately return requests for comment.
- Man Steals Pick-Up Truck, Crashes into Fence and 2 Cows
- Truck carrying cows on U.S. 41 tips, several cows dead, more were on the loose
- Linton man dies after crashing motorcycle into a cow
- Ohio man says rescued cow is a regular backseat passenger
- Indiana Sheriff's Youth Ranch Truck Raffle picks a winner
- Police chase cow near Chick-Fil-A
- Man arrested for allegedly stealing a truck, while on parole in Clark County
- Gary, Ind. man accused of stealing truck and donation box from Sullivan auto dealership
- Secret Service apprehends attempted White House fence jumper
- Airline employee steals plane from Seattle airport, crashes and dies