TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Customers are following stylists to a new location after the Macy's closure forced them out.
There was a hair salon inside the Terre Haute department store for many years. After the salon staff heard Macy's was closing they got to work to find a new place to serve loyal customers.
The salon parent company leased space in department stores across the country, including other Macy's locations, and was forced to find new locations. In Terre Haute, the company signed a lease on the new space in Riverside Plaza a month ago, moved out of Macy's last weekend and was open under the name Urban Hairstylists by Wednesday.
Salon Manager Christine Marsh says Macy's was a retail icon in the region and she is sad to see it go. Even though the business climate is changing, she does not think it will negatively impact the salon.
"You can't buy it online, you know, you can't just run somewhere and grab it real quickly and we do pride ourselves on providing services that you really can't get anywhere else."
Marsh says the new salon is ready to go aside from unpacking a few boxes. You can find Urban Hairstylists next to Panda Garden.
- Macy's closure forces salon move
- Building collapse in Parke County forces road closures
- Clay County crash on I-70 forces westbound lane closure
- Sinkhole forces closure of eastern Vigo County bridge
- Illness forces closure at a Daviess County school corporation
- Police confirm voyeurism investigation involving Parnell Tanning Salon in Sullivan
- Local salon offers safe space with sensory friendly haircuts
- Sullivan County Road Closure
- Timeline for closing Macy's in Terre Haute released
- Local shops hope businesses wont decrease when Macy's closes