On March 3, 1876, witnesses reported that it rained MEAT from the sky! The shower lasted about 10 minutes and reportedly rained down tiny strips of “meat”. Even the respected magazine Scientific American reported the bizarre event. Some reports said a few brave souls sampled the “meat from heaven”, but no reputable study was ever conducted. To this day, the “meat shower” of Olympia, Kentucky in 1876 remains one of the great unanswered questions in all of weather history.
The Cincinnati Enquirer once recounted one of the strangest weather events on record.
Posted: May 9, 2019 4:35 PM
- MYSTERY MEAT
- KFC partners with Beyond Meat
- Record count reported for mysterious paralyzing illness
- Mysterious bowls of mashed potatoes confuse Mississippians
- Exotic Feline Rescue Center in need of meat this winter
- Research aims to remove bacteria from produce, meat
- Lab-grown meat could be in restaurants in 3 years
- Can the new vegan Impossible Burger fool meat lovers?
- How risky is eating red meat? New papers provoke controversy
- Indiana meat plant closing after workers contract virus
Scroll for more content...