TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) -- Columbian Home Product has been in Terre Haute since 1902, but in December, they officially stopped production at their plant here.
News 10 talked with the owner of Columbian Home Products, LLC, Dick Ryan. He said it's bittersweet having to close this plant, but at the end of the day, it was no longer making a profit.
Ryan said they announced they would be closing in September. At that time, they looked for someone to buy the property, but for a number of reasons couldn't find anyone.
He told us, right now the plant is still operating. That is only to continue shipping what had already been sold and produced. He said he expects the plant will officially close around March, whenever the last item is shipped.
Right now, Ryan said they are looking for someone to sell the property when they officially stop shipping in Spring.
Columbian Home Products, LLC submitted a WARN (Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification) Notice of Plant Closure to the Indiana Department of Workforce Development in September. It said the Terre Haute plant would be closing and the termination of 82 employees would start on December 1.
A former employee sais the business had a following for its kitchen products.
"People are going to the non-stick stuff, but I feel there will be people out there who will miss it. Not just in Terre Haute, but other people use that type of cookware in general," Ken Stanford told us.
- Long time Terre Haute Company officially closing it's doors
- One long time company in Illinois is closing its doors
- Long-time Robinson business set to close its doors
- Terre Haute restaurant closes its doors for good
- Terre Haute restaurant announces it will close its doors
- Long-time Terre Haute business is torn down
- Chili's Terre Haute location closes
- Lee Company expanding in downtown Terre Haute
- Terre Haute based company celebrates 80th anniversary
- Five Terre Haute companies pitch business ideas