TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Several young ladies competed for a chance at top honors Sunday night.
It was for the Miss Crossroads to America and Outstanding Teen pageant.
Contestants were college aged women and teens.
It's more than just taking home a title.
One contestant told News 10 her favorite part is making memories.
"Every year I gain friendships, and just met so many girls. I really just got my own communication skills, and confidence skills, and being a part of the Miss America organization really does a lot for it's young women," said Ellie Barmes, Miss Indiana's Outstanding Teen.
Contestants represented several colleges, including Indiana State University, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, and Ivy Tech.
Michelle White was crowned Miss Crossroads of America. She is a student at Indiana State University.
- Local women compete for Miss Crossroads to America crown
- Final Fork: Crossroads Family Diner
- Local boy scouts compete in Pinewood Derby
- Young women compete for Miss Banks of the Wabash and Outstanding Teen title
- Downtown Terre Haute set to host Blues at the Crossroads
- Local middle schools compete in regional science bowl
- Local group celebrates women's rights
- Miss America dropping swimsuit competition, changing evening wear portion
- New royalty crowned in Vigo County
- Local schools take part in Read Across America!