CLARK COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - Flood waters are still here, and without an end in sight, local residents of York, Ilinois are concerned for what's to come.
"A lot of moving, a lot of worrying. And it wears a lot of people out, because they do it every year. When it does come up, they gotta do it every time."
Ronnie Clark lives in York. He says it's historcially a place that floods. So we asked him how this years flooding stacked up against previous years.
"It's not as bad as it was in 2013, but still, there's homes down there that still get water, you know, even like this, and they're still suffering from 2013 and yet they're still going through it again."
Although this year hasn't been quite as bad as what he's seen before, the flooding has still made some roads impassible.
"There's the three roads here, right here, that this road comes into york, and the other road over there comes into york. All three roads, even the fourth road, it's got water across it now."
And to make matters worse, the town is still recovering from previous years.
"Still trying to work with FEMA and it's been five years, and they come and they tell them this, and they tell them that, and nothing has been done yet."
But living in a low area near the river, Clark says, unfortunately there's not much that can be done.
"Really there's nothing you can do, you just have to be ready and then cope with what's coming."
Which goes to show that flooding hits some people harder than others.
- Local town still under feet of water
- Check your feet, keep your feet
- Two Parke County towns asked to conserve water
- Roller coaster derails, drops 2 riders 30 feet; 6 injured
- Riders plunge 34 feet, 6 injured in roller coaster derail
- Grant helps local town host movies on city hall lawn
- Local library gathers oral history from town's residents
- Water to be shut off in town of Marshall; followed by boil order
- Knox County town to go without water for short time starting Wednesday morning
- Edgar County town warns residents to avoid letting small babies drink tap water