TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Local students are racing for education.
Saint Patrick School in Terre Haute holds a fundraiser every year.
On Tuesday, the kids had a fun day to celebrate.
Families help send letters to people in the community asking for donations.
Organizers say the kids are very involved in the process.
"I think it really gives them ownership. It's not a fundraiser where they're selling stuff and passing it out. They're really writing letters explaining what the money goes towards," Teacher Sarah Wallace said.
The money will be used for things like technology updates, school safety, and education activities.
- Local students write letters for a fundraiser
- Family of Lauren Spierer writes letter on anniversary of IU student’s disappearance
- President Trump writes a letter of encouragement to a local girl fighting cancer
- Fundraiser helps local veterans
- Indiana DCS director writes scathing resignation letter, fears ‘lives will be lost’ under governor’s policies
- ‘Jake loved helping other people’: Sister of slain deputy writes letter thanking community for support
- Local group holds fundraiser for CODA
- "It came in a manila envelope," President Trump writes letter to family of Terre Haute fallen officer
- This holiday season kids in Ohio are writing letters asking GM to save their town's auto plant
- Ernie Pyle memorial fundraiser