PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Six second graders in Parke County have made good on their promise.
Mrs. Organ's second grade class at Montezuma Elementary School recently sold popcorn to raise money.
That money was recently used to buy stuffed animals for first responders.
The kids were able to buy cuddly friends which will be given to kids in times of need.
On Friday, some of those first responders were on hand to receive the generous gift.
On top of giving back to others, the class also learned how to count change, follow directions, and work with a budget.
- Local second graders make a cuddly donation
- Terre Haute 8th grader collects donations for local humane society
- Local restaurant makes donation to Humane Society
- Local 5th grader raises money to help kids battling cancer
- Local fraternity makes large donation to Catholic Charities Christmas Store
- New local store to make weekly donations to charities
- Florida first-grader arrested over school tantrum
- 100 Women Who Give makes $15,000 donation
- Sullivan County farmer makes donation to CODA
- Local animal shelter receives donation from Amazon