SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A local school corporation denies doing anything wrong after being sued by two students.
On Friday, we first told you that two sisters filed a federal lawsuit against the Northeast School Corporation in Sullivan County.
They both attended North Central High School.
One of the sisters said she was raped.
Both sisters said they became victims of bullying due to the situation.
The federal lawsuit alleges the school didn't do enough to respond.
The Northeast School Corporation sent News 10 a statement on Monday.
It reads in part:
"The school corporation denies all allegations that engaged in wrongdoing of any kind."
The superintendent told us school leaders will not comment further at this time for privacy reasons.
- Local school corporation responds after being hit with federal lawsuit
- Local gun shops respond to corporate boycotts
- Malware hits South Knox School Corporation
- ACLU lawsuit against Vigo County School Corporation dropped
- Local 5k helps out school corporation backpack program
- Local school corporation issues scam warning for businesses
- Local school corporation see an uptick in pneumonia cases
- Court documents reveal school corporation filed lawsuit, Judge shared table with defendant
- New judge takes on school corporation's lawsuit against defendants of an accused kickback scheme
- Lawsuit against a Sullivan County school corporation's handling of rape allegation still active, suggestions for changes