PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A local school corporation has issued a warning after they say someone is trying to scam businesses.
The alert was posted on the North Central Parke Community School Corporation Facebook page.
According to the post, some businesses have received a phone call from 'Elite Sports Unlimited.'
The caller claims Park Heritage High School ordered 3,000 spirit t-shirts that will be handed out at various events.
Those businesses were asked if they would be interested in buying an ad or logo space on the back of the shirt.
The school corporation says this is a scam, adding you should not give them your credit card or banking information.
- Local school corporation issues scam warning for businesses
- Police issue warning about Parke County scam
- Better Business Bureau sends warning to elderly about recent scams
- Local woman wants to warn community of recent text scam
- Local school corporation responds after being hit with federal lawsuit
- Local 5k helps out school corporation backpack program
- Local gun shops respond to corporate boycotts
- ISU Police warn students of scam
- Brazil PD warns of phone scam
- Vigo County School Corporation releases survey results