GREENE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A local recreation area is getting some much-needed renovations.
Redbird State Recreation Area is closed for trail improvements.
Redbird is just north of Dugger in Greene County.
Improvements include making the trails more accessible...and even paving some of them.
Funds for the project came from gate fees and off-road vehicle registration.
At this time, there is not a set day when they will reopen, but they are asking for your help.
If you want to volunteer, all you have to do is call.
You can reach out to Carmen Jackson, the property manager for Redbird.
Her number is 812-562-0103.
- Local recreation area receives much-needed improvements
- City of Marshall's downtown area receives improvements
- Recent rain improves area crops
- Several local communities receive thousands of dollars for road improvements
- Redbird State Recreation Area reopens after months of work
- Dugger set to receive grant to improve drinking water infrastructure
- Clinton receives over $400,000 to help with infrastructure improvements
- Terre Haute to receive a hand for downtown improvements
- West Terre Haute receives money to improve water infrastructure
- Local group honors area volunteers