VINCENNES, Ind. (WTHI) - A southern Indiana police chief is saying thank you on behalf of his department after a special gift.
On Thursday night, Vincennes Police Chief Dusty Luking made a post on Facebook saying the department the department received $2,000 worth of $50 gift cards.
The cards came from an anonymous donor.
Luking says the 40 gift cards were handed out during traffic stops.
"What a blessing it was not only to my officers but to those who received the cards! Lots of hugs and tears," Luking said in the post.
To see the post, click here.
- Local police department receives $2,000 in gift cards, then passes them out during traffic stops
- Donate blood, receive an Amazon gift card
- Police warn Duke Energy customers about gift card scam
- Grandma scammed out of 8K in gift card scheme
- Little league break in will cost $2,000
- Police find 75 lbs of pot during I-70 traffic stop
- Vigo County traffic stop leads police to accused sex offender
- Police find stolen handgun during Terre Haute traffic stop
- Two families receive gift of free new heaters through local program
- Several Wabash Valley fire departments receive grants