TERRE HAUTE, Ind (WTHI) - A local nutrition center gains national attention from the CDC that will allow them to help prevent a chronic illness. Dr. Rao Ivaturi is the nutritionist at the Nutrition Center for Disease and Weight Management in Terre Haute.
Recently, the Centers For Disease Control gave the clinic certification and that recognition will allow it to become a diabetes prevention center. They will treat people with pre-diabetes through a year-long course. Dr. Ivatori says he believes it'll be life changing for the patients who participate.
"So we're catching you at the front end, so you don't have to put in much more at a later time of your life. There will be an orientation for those who are interested in joining the program.
The program will be March 7th at 6:30 pm at the Nutrition Center for Disease and Weight Management in Terre Haute.
- Local nutrition center gains national attention from the CDC
- Local gaming business gaining national attention
- Local health center celebrations National Health Center Week
- Push gains ground to honor Ernie Pyle with national day
- Nutrition rocks at Vigo County Public Library program
- 12 Point Cleanup prompts city's attention
- Concert benefits local community center
- CDC says, "Say no to raw dough"
- Slow down, pay attention as road construction work ramps up
- Wearing pink to draw attention to breast cancer awareness