TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - One local DJ got the party popping in downtown Terre Haute.
Local musician DJ Schyler Smith held a preview of his new album.
It's called Morning Star.
The listening party took place at Launch Terre Haute on Wednesday night.
DJ Schyler said his album has many inspirations, with one of them being our very own Kevin Orpurt.
"So on the last song, one of the themes are rain...so I had to get Kevin in on it, because Kevin is the best, you know? He's a local legend, so yeah, I and to get him on the song to rep the 812," Smith said.
Kevin is on vacation this week, but he was on hand for the listening party.
- Local musician holds album preview at Launch Terre Haute
- Local musician works on his debut album
- Loved ones remember local Terre Haute musician
- Launch Terre Haute hosts women-centric event
- Launch Terre Haute hosts future business leaders
- West Terre Haute church holds community dinner
- Terre Haute business holds active shooter training
- INDOT holds Terre Haute job fair
- Launch Terre Haute looks ahead with grant announcement
- Launch Terre Haute expands to work with students