SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) – A local coal plant has added more jobs in a rebuilding period.
Sunrise Coal, LLC operates a mine in Carlisle. The company recently added more than 30 new positions at that location.
A spokesperson said due to a decline in the coal business the Carlisle Mine was idled for a few years. It was not actively producing coal, but it was still being maintained from the summer of 2015 through the summer of 2018.
- Local mine adds jobs in rebuilding phase
- The Phases of The Moon
- Greene County man dies in mining accident
- Man dies after Sullivan County mine accident
- Ivy Tech offers new mining class
- Paris, Ill. plant to add 50 new jobs in expansion
- Survey: US companies add a robust 219,000 jobs in July
- US employers add 157,000 jobs, jobless rate hits 3.9 pct.
- Crane naval base to add 387 new jobs
- US adds just 20K jobs; unemployment dips to 3.8 pct.