TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Middle school students learned more about science and math Saturday. All while having fun.
It was part of the Indiana Middle School Regional Science Bowl at Indiana State University.
Sixteen teams came from around the Wabash Valley to compete.
They answered science and math related questions in a quiz bowl.
While teams were looking for a win, organizers say it's also about having fun.
"This has become probably one of the most exciting days of the year. Getting to see these middle school kids excited about science math and having a good time," said Jeff Kinne, event coordinator.
Saturday's event is a qualifier for nationals.
The winning team will head to Washington, D.C. in April to compete for the national title.
- Local middle schools compete in regional science bowl
- Students compete in MATHCOUNTS regional
- Wabash Valley school places at Science Bowl
- Middle schools face off in annual Geography Bowl
- Kids compete in Quiz Bowl at Sarah Scott
- Witness: Science teacher swatted gun away from shooter at Noblesville West Middle School
- Local boy scouts compete in Pinewood Derby
- Local middle school being pro-active against the flu
- Company will clean up bat issue at local middle school
- Colts mascot Blue stops by local middle school