VERMILLION COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - South Vermillion schools are being pro-active when it comes to the flu.
The flu is everywhere right now and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says 30 pediatric flu deaths have occurred in the United States this season.
That's why Vermillion County Middle School is taking action, working with the Health Department to offer students dates for the shot clinic and disinfecting all areas of the inside the school.
Not taking chances against the deadly virus.
"Wanted to be aware that it can happen in our schools,” said Tiffany Cutliff, RN at South Vermillion Middle School. “We haven't had a problem with it. But we are aware. We are vigilant with our cleaning."
A reminder to wash your hands and that there is still time to get vaccinated...
- Local middle school being pro-active against the flu
- Otter Creek Middle School flu absences down
- Local middle schools compete in regional science bowl
- Company will clean up bat issue at local middle school
- Colts mascot Blue stops by local middle school
- Flu activity has nursing home taking extra precautions
- Flu activity still high and widespread across Indiana
- Schools face concerns after active shooter situation
- Flu shot available at local Walmart locations
- Local dentistry impacted by the flu season