TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A retired man from Terre Haute hopes to surprise his wife with his lottery winnings, according to the Hoosier Lottery.
Richard H. won $85,000 with a ticket he bought on June 8th. The Hoosier Lottery said Baesler's Market on Poplar Street in Terre Haute sold the winning Quick Pick CA$H 5 ticket.
He plans to take his wife out to a nice dinner, and surprise her with the check. He said he hopes to use the money to take her on a trip to Italy.
Richard was enjoying his morning coffee when he said his ticket online as a winner. He stated, “I had to check the ticket each day to make sure the numbers didn’t change.”
- Local man hopes to surprise wife with lottery winnings
- Riley gas station that sold winning lottery gives their lottery prize to three local organizations
- Terre Haute man wins $1.5 million after buying a lottery ticket
- Local shelter warns pet adoption surprises for Christmas
- Retailers suffer during Illinois Lottery system upgrade
- Authorities execute surprise drug sweep
- An 18-year-old buys her first lottery ticket and wins $1,000 a week – for life
- Local man hoping to be the big winner in next Powerball drawing
- Powerball drawing: Winner declared in Saturday's $559 million jackpot lottery
- Deadline to redeem unclaimed $1 million lottery ticket nears