PARIS, Ill. (WTHI) - Temporary flu restrictions for visitors have been put in place at Horizon Health in Paris, Illinois.
That's coming from the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
In fact, many hospitals throughout Illinois have restrictions in place right now.
Health experts say it's best to be prepared s widespread influenza activity continues to increase.
Each hospital gets a memo from the State of Illinois on a weekly basis.
It's up to the facility to lift those restrictions.
Those restrictions include:
- No visitors under the age of 18
- No more than two visitors at a time
- Visitors with a cough, fever, or a sore throat will be asked to wear a mask
- Flu restrictions in place at Wabash Valley hospital
- Flu restrictions lifted at two Wabash Valley hospitals
- Wabash Valley hospital puts restrictions in place after seeing an increase in flu patients
- Greene County hospital puts flu restrictions in place
- Flu related death reported at Wabash Valley hospital
- Terre Haute's hospitals lift flu restrictions
- Wabash Valley school places at Science Bowl
- Wabash Valley hospital gets "A" rating
- Wabash Valley hospital on the financial mend
- Officials explain reasons for flu restrictions at Greene County hospital