TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI A local hospital received a new honor on Thursday.
Terre Haute Regional Hospital received what's called the Primary Stroke Center Certification.
The certification means the third party, The American Stroke Association has reviewed Regional's practices and said you will get consistent care when it comes to strokes.
Hospital leaders say time is the most important thing when it comes to strokes.
The sooner a patient is treated, the better chance of survival and living a normal life.
- Local hospital receives top honors for stroke care
- Local Girl Scout receives top honors
- Local couple receives Rotary Club honor
- Hospital receives recognition for patient care data practices
- Local robotics team brings home top honors
- Local was hero to receive Indiana's highest honor
- Local World War II veteran receives special honor
- Sullivan FFA earns top honors
- 116 children receiving better child care
- Bricks honoring local veterans