VINCENNES, Ind. (WTHI) - Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes has added a new resource to help in a mass casualty incident.
Gaining Resilience in Trauma, or GRIT, is the hospital's new critical incident response team.
It would be used in times of a crisis event.
The critical incident stress management team would be used as psychological first aid.
People impacted by the trauma would be able to talk about their experience.
The team is made up of more than 25 members.
Those members received training back in November 2017.
- Local hospital gains a new critical incident response team
- Special Response Team makes arrest
- Local gaming business gaining national attention
- Local nutrition center gains national attention from the CDC
- CODA continues to gain support from local businesses
- Mass casualty response on a local level
- Local hospitals lifting visitor restrictions
- Local hospital receives national recognition
- Train incident and explosion reported in southern Indiana, emergency response underway
- Thai youth soccer team leaves hospital