TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A local club was honored for helping children put their best foot forward.
On Monday, Terre Haute Mayor Duke Bennett proclaimed this entire week as 'Terre Haute Women's Club Shoe Bus Week.'
The way the club works is members visit schools in our community each week.
After that, they help kindergartners through 12th graders replace their old shoes, that may be falling apart.
The club has been in operation since 1971.
- Local group that helps kids get new shoes honored
- Local group honors area volunteers
- Group works to empower local kids
- Christmas Shoe Boxes
- Brews for shoes
- Local medical group expands
- Working out to help local kids
- Terre Haute group honors those that help our community
- Two groups partner to host provider fair to help local kids
- Group asks for your help to send local kids to Camp Kesem