TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - People in the Wabash Valley gathered on Monday night to honor the shooting victims at a Texas church.
Community members met at the Vigo County Courthouse on Monday.
They formed a small circle and held hands as a sign of support.
The group prayed for the families affected.
"I don't think it's something we want to get used to...but it feels like they're happening with greater frequency. I think that just makes us sad and gives us greater concern for what's happening in our country today," Reverend Clark Cowden said.
The group hopes to create a sense of comfort for anyone needing it.
- Local group holds vigil for Texas shooting victims
- Local vigil for Texas church shooting victims
- Local group holds vigil in remembrance of gun violence victims
- Vigil planned, locals react to synagogue shooting
- Kentucky shooting suspect ordered held; vigil for victims
- Local group holds fundraiser for CODA
- Local group holds Halloween themed event
- Prayer vigil set for Las Vegas victims
- Group plans to hold a candlelight vigil outside of local ICE detention center as part of a national movement
- Group holds butterfly released to honor overdose victims