WABASH VALLEY (WTHI) - The unofficial start to summer is here.
If you plan on hitting the road this weekend, you are not alone.
LINK | CHECK OUT GAS PRICES HERE
According to AAA, a record-breaking 42 million people are expected to travel over the next few days.
Prices at the pump are also on the rise.
AAA reports the national average price for gas on Friday is $2.96.
The average in Indiana and Illinois is higher, at more than $3.00.
Law enforcement agencies across the country will be out in force looking for impaired drivers and those not wearing seatbelts.
- Local gas prices higher than the national average as Memorial Day weekend kicks off
- The better economy means higher gas prices
- Memorial Day gas prices remain stubbornly high
- Price at the pump in much of the Wabash Valley higher than the national average
- Gas Buddy: National average to jump 19 cents
- Walmart warns that higher tariffs will mean higher prices
- Gas prices are up 31% from last Memorial Day. Here's why
- Honoring the fallen Memorial Day Weekend
- Postal regulators move to let stamp prices jump higher
- Gas prices to go up in 2018