TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A local organization that focuses on helping students in the classroom is in need of some help of its own.
The Foster Grandparents Program is in need of volunteers.
Those in the program go to area schools and daycares to help kids who may be falling behind.
Group leaders met with leaders of the NAACP on Monday to share just how important the program is.
"And we know that if a kid does not learn, and gets behind mostly likely will start acting up in school. If you are acting up in school at a younger age, maybe later it gets more difficult. They become a bully...and that might lead to other things," Sylvester Edwards said.
If you would like to learn more, click here.
- Local foster grandparent program needs volunteers
- Group looking for foster grandparents to help area kids
- Local youth train to become volunteer firefighters through special program
- Local foster store continues helping families but in need of volunteers
- Local need for foster parents becoming urgent
- Group relieving burden for local foster families
- Local group honors area volunteers
- Local organization asking for volunteers
- Grandparents shocked by reports of 13 starved grandchildren
- Clay County Youth Food Program needs volunteers