VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Wabash Valley may be in for showers Sunday, but the Otter Creek Fire Department has a reminder for you!
It's asking that you be careful when burning leaves or brush. Crews responded to a small brush fire Saturday that ended with a shed being a total loss.
The Department shared pictures on their Facebook page of the fire.
Officials want to remind you that dry grass and brush can catch fire very easily and can get out of control in a hurry.
- Local fire department warns of brush fire safety
- Terre Haute Fire Department warns about space heater safety
- Local fire departments educate people on the importance of fire safety during fire prevention week
- Local fire department addresses community concerns over vacant building fires
- Crews battle multiple brush fires in West Terre Haute
- Indianapolis Fire Department reviewing Flora fire probe
- Fire department gets new submersible
- Local fire department celebrates 75 years with the community
- Two Knox County fire departments looking into new fire trucks
- Vincennes Fire Department responds to house fire on Thursday