CARLISLE, IND. (WTHI) - A correctional officer faces charges.
James DiGiacomo, 59, was arrested for trafficking tobacco with an inmate.
Investigators recovered a large bag of tobacco from DiGiacomo's possession.
DiGiacomo has been employed at the Wabash Valley Correctional facility since december of 2014.
He was taken to the Sullivan County jail.
He will be suspended without pay.
- Local correctional officer arrested
- Correctional Officer arrested for trafficking at Wabash Valley Correctional Facility
- Federal Correctional Officer arrested for conspiracy, bribery and other charges
- Correctional Officer arrested, accused of trafficking with an inmate
- Visitor Arrest at Putnamville Correctional Facility
- Arrest made in community corrections arson
- Terre Haute federal inmate sentenced for assaulting correctional officer
- Putnam County correctional officer accused of sexual relationship with offender
- Wabash Valley Correctional Facility officer charged with battery involving inmate
- Metal detector coming to Community Corrections Center