TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Indiana's 8th District Congressman Larry Bucshon says he supports President Trump's tax plan.
The proposal would lower taxes that most Americans pay, by increasing income ranges affected by specific tax rates.
In the lowest tax bracket, families that make $90,000 or less would pay 12 percent.
That's down three percent from what most people in that tax bracket pay.
Bucshon says the plan cuts taxes on the middle class, as well as for job creators.
"My goal is to get wages up for the middle class, give them the middle-class tax relief, create more high-paying jobs, and honestly...bring more jobs back to the United States," Bucshon said.
He added he believes the bill will pass the House.
He also thinks the bill will pass the U.S. Senate, with some Democratic help, possibly from Indiana Senator Joe Donnelly.
- Local congressman supports President Trump's tax plan
- President Trump announces new tax plan in Indiana
- Would President Trump's tax plan mean more money in your pocket?
- President Trump holds Evansville rally in support of Mike Braun
- LIVE: President Trump to speak in Indianapolis on tax rates
- Congressman takes part in ride-along with local first responders
- How to plan for taxes in retirement
- California abandons plan to tax text messages
- Pritzker compiles $41.5B infrastructure plan, tax increases