TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Lots of food was collected during Terre Haute's Miracle on 7th Street event.
In fact, one local company banded together to make Christmas a little brighter this season.
For the past four years, employees at Sony DADC have held an internal food drive.
This year, they collected more than 10,000 lbs of food.
That food will now be donated to Campus Ministries, Saint Benedict, Providence House, Catholic Charities, and Grumbling Tummies in Terre Haute.
"We have great team leaders that are passionate about this. Employees that are passionate about this. It's great. It just makes you proud to be an employee of SONY and the generosity that we are giving to our community," Evelyn Kaelin, from Sony DADC said.
Coca-Cola helped out by transporting the food in one of their semis.
- Local company collects over 10,000 lbs of food in food drive
- 67,000 lbs of food collected in the Friday Football Food Drive...which school takes home the top prize?
- Local store holds canned food drive
- Nearly 30,000 pounds of food collected in Share Your Thanksgiving food drive
- Food drive helps homeless veterans
- Local restaurant donates about 120 lbs. of food to Terre Haute homeless shelter
- Food drive kicks off at local bank locations
- Garrett Sands Kindness Project Food drive
- Clay Youth Food Program delivers food to 950 local children
- Group collects food to feed veterans in need