VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College spent Friday evening learning how to respond to an earthquake.
Nursing students did emergency triage and victim assistance.
Students studying criminology helped lead incident command.
They told us it was a lot to take in.
"It was good to get that kind of experience to see what a disaster might be like. It was shocking when you first go down there, to see all the people down there," student Mariah Stout said.
Students say the drill was extremely valuable.
The Vigo County Emergency Management Agency helped coordinate the event.
- Local college students learn how to respond to an earthquake
- Barr-Reeve invites first responders to learn and educate students
- Wabash Valley students learn their options for college
- Local group works to keep less fortunate college students fed
- Students learn about the future of cars
- Educators learn how to better protect students
- Dugger students learn drunk driving lesson
- Local police department gives you the chance to learn...while getting college credit
- Powerful earthquake rocks Indonesian islands
- Brazil students honor first responders with breakfast