VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A local college received special recognition on Tuesday afternoon.
The Indiana Wildlife Federation recognized Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College as a sustainable campus.
This designation encourages the development of wildlife-friendly trails and promotes the local ecosystem.
The Duke Energy Foundation also awarded $15,000 toward the restoration of Lake Le Fer.
The campus hopes to have an outdoor classroom and lab by the end of the year.
- Local college receives recognition as sustainable campus
- Good Samaritan receives Magnet recognition
- Vermillion County mentoring program receives recognition
- Terre Haute based bank received special recognition
- Two local colleges receive high rankings
- FCCLA student group receives recognition from school board leaders
- Three people receive special recognition at Signature Healthcare
- Sullivan County high school seniors receive recognition for future military service
- Police: Parents gunned down by their son on college campus