TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A local group is working to help people in need by taking on a fresh approach.
Catholic Charities in Terre Haute recently started growing food in a greenhouse.
Volunteers showed us around as they harvested lettuce.
They estimated that they have about 80 plants.
Food from the garden will be used for meals through their group's programs.
The goal is to help families have access to healthy options.
Catholic Charities hope the greenhouse helps teach others about gardening.
Many community donations of time and resources helped make this effort possible.
The group also hopes to start growing vegetables outside.
- Local charity growing their operations
- Officers present donations to local charities
- Local fraternity makes large donation to Catholic Charities Christmas Store
- Miracle on 7th Street presents checks to local charities
- Terre Haute video gamer's help charity though local competition
- Wings and charity: Community Day helps local kids
- New local store to make weekly donations to charities
- Brawl with the Law helps local charities bring in $5,000
- Money raised at charity game helps local kids
- Local group hosts car show to raise money for charities