TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A local boutique is stepping out of the norm to try and put an end to a global problem.
Millie and Maude and Modern Charm in Terre Haute hosted the 'Dressember Foundation.'
Women pledged to wear dresses every day for the month of December.
They were raising money and awareness to fight modern-day slavery and human trafficking.
Experts say the midwest is a hotspot for trafficking.
They will collect donations through the end of January, with a goal to raise more than $1,000.
- Local boutique works to fight human trafficking
- Local boutique owners make the move to online sales
- CANDLES hosts human trafficking awareness event
- Locals march to raise awareness of human trafficking in Wabash Valley
- Locals learn more about human trafficking and its growing concern in the Wabash valley
- FBI: 120 arrested for human trafficking in joint operation
- Groups gather to put an end to human trafficking
- Shining a light on human trafficking involving minors
- AG announces expansion of Indiana’s Human Trafficking Unit
- Indiana State Police join 4-state human trafficking campaign