TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Folks in Terre Haute are giving the downtown area some color, one paint stroke at a time.
A local artist through Arts Illiana completed the first crosswalk painting in downtown Terre Haute Sunday.
It's a painting of ants walking on a checkered tablecloth.
You can check out the painting on 7th and Wabash.
We spoke with the artists' sister.
She said this is a great way to liven up the area.
"Everyone involved feels this sense of belonging, and one of the major points of this project is to build up the downtown area and draw attention to downtown Terre Haute and the cross roads of America," said Sharolyn Herring.
This was the first of four sidewalk paintings.
The others are expected to be completed later this year.
- Local artist completes crosswalk painting to liven up the area
- Indiana window artist paints holiday cheer in local restaurant
- Local artist paints landscapes of downtown Terre Haute every morning
- Artist nearing completion of Brazil mural
- Back-to-school crosswalk safety
- Paintings for a Playground
- New store, featuring local artists and gift makers opens downtown
- Local artist set to start new mural project in Brazil
- Local group honors area volunteers
- Local YMCA gets fresh paint job with extra help