TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - One local veteran received a special honor on Friday.
Hospice of the Wabash Valley gave Frank Coverstone a special award.
Coverstone is a World War II U.S. Army veteran.
His friends and family gathered to honor the special moment.
This included Coverstone's grandson Zachary Potter.
He's a cadet sergeant at West Point Academy.
He came home to present the award to his grandfather.
Potter followed in his grandfather's footsteps and joined the armed forces himself.
"I've talked to everyone about this. I'm the only one who's served under him in the family so it means a whole lot to me that I kind of continued the tradition of serving in the armed forces," Potter said
Coverstone is 94years-old.
- Local World War II veteran receives special honor
- Bricks honoring local veterans
- Salute to the veterans of World War II set for this weekend
- Men honor Vietnam Veterans with war display
- Richard Overton, America's oldest World War II veteran and the oldest man in the US, dies at 112
- Local vets honored with special picnic
- Local Girl Scout receives top honors
- Local couple receives Rotary Club honor
- Brick placement ceremony honors local veterans
- World War II era plane lands at Terre Haute's airport for air show