LINTON, Ind. (WTHI) - A Linton, Indiana man is behind bars on attempted murder charges.
Police say the investigation started just after 5:00 Wednesday morning when police received a phone call about a gunshot victim near A Street SW in Linton.
When police arrived, they found 24-year-old Todd Bennett, Jr. with a gunshot wound.
After an investigation, police identified 24-year-old Jared Turner, of Linton as the suspected shooter.
Turner was charged attempted murder and robbery resulting in serious bodily injury.
Bennett was taken to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis.
Police say the investigation is ongoing.
- Linton man charged with attempted murder
- Man arrested, facing attempted murder charges in Greene County
- UPDATE Missing Linton man located
- Man wanted for attempted murder behind bars
- Linton Stockton Challenge Course
- Silver Alert cancelled for missing Linton man
- Indy man charged with attempted murder after allegedly shooting at Martin County deputy
- Terre Haute man sentenced to 30 years for attempted murder and armed robbery charges
- Terre Haute Police charge man arrested in Kentucky with attempted murder
- Chicago man takes plea in Terre Haute attempted murder case