LINTON, Ind. (WTHI) - A Linton, Indiana man is behind bars on attempted murder charges.
Police say the investigation started just after 5:00 Wednesday morning when police received a phone call about a gunshot victim near A Street SW in Linton.
When police arrived, they found 24-year-old Todd Bennett, Jr. with a gunshot wound.
After an investigation, police identified 24-year-old Jared Turner, of Linton as the suspected shooter.
Turner was charged attempted murder and robbery resulting in serious bodily injury.
Bennett was taken to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis.
Police say the investigation is ongoing.
- Linton man charged with attempted murder
- Man arrested, facing attempted murder charges in Greene County
- Man facing attempted murder charge after late 2019 shooting
- Vigo County man charged with attempted murder files plea agreement
- Man wanted for attempted murder behind bars
- UPDATE Missing Linton man located
- Two charged in connection to Linton arson
- Linton Stockton Challenge Course
- Terre Haute man sentenced to 30 years for attempted murder and armed robbery charges
- Terre Haute Police charge man arrested in Kentucky with attempted murder